A free course for international students heading to the UK
British Council in collaboration with the Futurelearn has developed a free online course to help international students prepare to study at a university in the UK.
This massive open online course (MOOC) will familiarise students with the ways of teaching and learning in the UK, as well as student life.
The course will cover:
• Characteristic features of UK higher education: including active engagement, critical thinking, evidence-based argumentation, and independent study.
• Study modes: including lectures, seminars, tutorials, student presentations, group assignments, and assessment.
• Language skills for academic success: including reading, listening, note-taking, speaking, and writing.
• Student support services: including library facilities, English language support, and counselling.
• Student life in the UK: including practical advice about finding accommodation, making friends, what to bring, and what to do on arrival.
The course commences on the 3rd September 2018 and the duration will be 4 weeks.
Follow this link to learn more about this course.