Studying abroad is exciting but for most prospective students as well as their parents, travelling to the United Kingdom is a daunting prospect. We at Veruses recognise this and have set up the student concierge service; in which we provide student care, advice and support services. Since we believe the first impression a student gets when they arrive in the United Kingdom can have a large impact on the way they settle in to the new environment and culture.
Veruses is able to offer unique student concierge packages that can be tailored to meet the precise requirements of an individual or group of students. This can begin at their home country, with preliminary work prior to their arrival in the United Kingdom. Additionally we are able to provide current, informed advice when it comes selecting the right university. While in the UK, we are able to assist the students in gaining the most out of their stay here; providing links with UK-based companies which can offer work experience and apprenticeships. We also can advice on practical details, from accommodation and flights, to bills and other daily activities which are new to an international student.
Once the student finalises to travel to the UK for any stage of education, every step is taken to ensure that the student gets the very best British experience. Since we understand what the UK offers can often be a complete contrast to a student’s home country; we arrange a number of activities around the UK to provide the students with both educational and extra-curricular support.
Our service is unique and is tailored to completely cater for the individual student.
EXAMPLE OF WHAT VERUSES CONCIERGE CAN DO FOR YOU:
- Early arrival support – If a student is coming to the UK, we will provide an information pack about the university and the city with information on places to visit and personal safety advice.
- Accommodation support – If university accommodation is not preferred, we can find safe and comfortable accommodation off-campus, making all the necessary arrangements including handling leases, arranging utility contracts and all the other procedures.
- Allowance support – We can advice the students on managing their finances while they are in the UK and also if the parents are doubtful of how much money their child need Veruses can provide assistance in making sure that a suitable allowance is given each month.
- Emergency support –We provide a 24/7 emergency call line so the student can get immediate advice and support, if there is an emergency either in the UK or at home.
- UCAS support – as with our standard offering, we are able to help students through the entire university application process. International students often require greater assistance in the writing of the personal statement, and in the choosing of the course and university.
- Additional– at Veruses we have many years in providing the best pastoral care for students, we appreciate that many issues that arise are completely impossible to predict, but are able to provide effective, prompt responses in the majority of situations.
Sending your child for studies in the UK may not be an easy decision. We can support you through the process, to make sure you have proper communication with your child, as well as an understanding of how they are progressing in their programme of study.
We can help with:
- Communication with school/college
- Translation of reports and talking through of grades
- Understanding of the university application system
- Travel arrangements
- Accommodation suggestions and arrangement
British experience – organisation of trips, restaurants, site-seeing etc. during visits
For information regarding Student Concierge fees please do get in touch.