St David’s day celebrations 2017
St David’s day is a Welsh holiday celebrated on the 1st of March every year to commemorate the death of Saint David, the patron saint of Wales. It is also considered as the National Day of Wales. St David or Dewi Sant, was a monk born in the fifth century who wandered around Wales, spreading knowledge and doing holy deeds.
There are many events taking place in Wales to celebrate this occasion. We have gathered a few events for international students in Wales.
- St David’s Day celebrations and parade – Cardiff City Centre
- National Museum Cardiff
- National Waterfront Museum
- Cwlwm Celtaidd – Wales’ interceltic festival. Tickets for the day are priced at £12 to £15
- St David’s Day Free entry – National Botanic Garden of Wales
- St David’s Day Gala – Tickets start at £10
- Free entry to Cadw sites